|You are browsing: Products > Sprint 4510
Flying Prober > Quick Guide
Quick Guide to Acculogic’s Sprint Flying Probe
Where and when to use the Sprint 4510
- Low volume high mix manufacturing
- New product validation – prototype testing
- Repair depot
Advantages of the system
- No fixture required translates into substantial savings
- Quick program development – within hours or a few days (1-2), not weeks
- Easy to apply changes (ECOs) – no fixture, just the program
Types of test performed
- Analog MDA (in-circuit) test – non power-up
- Vectorless digital test (Junction Diode, Capacitive test)
- Power-up: Boundary Scan, some limited digital test (no back drive)
- Automated Optical Inspection
SPRINT’s main features
1 - Linear Surface Motors
- The four heads are on the same high precision platen
- The four heads have the same mechanical characteristics.
- The four probes have the same length and the same angle.
- The four heads can move anywhere on the platen independently.
2 - Alternative head movement
- Four probes requires a very complicated architecture.
- The four probe holders are in two different planes.
- The probes have different angles
- The probes have different lengths
- The movement of the probes in the bottom plane (green mechanism) is limited by the position of the probes in the top plane (yellow mechanism)
3 - Probe Angle (6 degrees)
- Sprint’s probe angle is 182 m or 7 mils more accurate on a board warped 1 mm.
- Sprint’s more vertical probing angle minimizes the frequency of ‘mis-hits’ or ‘slips’ on warped boards.
4 - Large Board Size and built-in Conveyor System
- SPRINT 4510: 20”X24”
- SPRINT 4600: 24”X24”
5 - Powerful and accurate analog measurement system
6 - Power-off digital test
- DeltaScan™ – Junction Diode
- FrameScan™ – Capacitive
7 - Boundary Scan test and programming
- Acculogic is the only flying probe supplier with own its own boundary scan tools
- Much better integration through Flying and Stationary probes
- Fast and reliable – adaptive clocking and none-stop data
- Supports test and device programming
8 - Powerful, easy to use Windows based software
- Integrated CAD translation and automated program generation
- Integrated Boundary Scan and Power-off digital test
- Integrated support for power-on digital and analog test
9 - Additional Capabilities
- Vision system – Automated Optical Inspection
- Power-on digital and analog test
- Digital test channels – up to 256
- Support for stationary probes and probe-plate
|Click Here for more information on this product.